THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 06, 2007

God Incidences

I don't believe in coincidences. I don't believe in "planets aligning to effect human behaviors".
At our house, we call the strange phenomenae that seem to occur randomly "Godincidences".
I wonder sometimes, often I don't understand. I trust God.

This past week, a photo of Amy elicited a pondering. It's been almost two years since she left us. Two whole years, our lives have gone on but there is still a hole, as long as we live, we will miss her. Some of the tears have subsided and been replace with gentle smiles of reminiscience, but it will never be the same.

On Tuesday, I received a phone call from Steve. At first I didnt recognize his voice. Then as he relayed his journey since our last contact two years ago, I was glad and grateful. I have prayed for him daily. There have been times when I have felt that he was in trouble. There are times that I have known that he was dying. I prayed again, asking God to send someone. Asking for a miracle. The Lord has given him another chance at life, at recovery.

Yesterday a young man came to me, one like a brother had died suddenly on Monday. I listened, we cried. I told him that I was sorry for his loss. I told him that I can't offer an explanation or insight. Sometimes, life just doesn't make sense. I told him that people who care will say really stupid things. I asked him to forgive them. I told him that the crying is healthy, that someday he will cry less, I told him that his life will never be the same. The loss of one who is special, never ever goes away. With time it will change, but there is always a place in our heart "just for him".
I think that's part of loving.

Please pray for M. Pray for Steve. Pray for Holly. Pray for Nancy.