THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Queen Day


This past April a sweet friend sent me a gift certificate for my favorite day-spa.
"One hour facial (sigh), one hour massage (sigh), hand and foot treatment (sigh), and a manicure and pedicure (yeah!)." (The last time that I'd been in it was a Christmas gift from my boss and my appointment was July 14, 2005. Right after a judge declared me single, again.)

By the time that I knew it, it was late November and I still hadn't enjoyed my birthday gift. I called expecting an appointment in January or later, but was very pleasantly surprised that they had appointments on December 23rd. Wow! A Saturday appointment two days before Christmas. What a treat.

When I entered the salon on Saturday, I was greeted by name with a "how are you, today?"
"Good, but not as good as I will be in about three hours" was my reply. Then an "oh no, you won't be done here until about five". As I was doing the mental calculations.............."one hour plus one hour......" she said, "we had a telephone call yesterday and there were things added to your visit".

At five o'clock I left for home, with the feeling that I'd been treated to something I'd never even imagined before.

Thank you.