THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Jesus Take The Wheel......


On the way home from church today, we three were listening to our favorite radio station.....country of course. They were doing a special "countdown" of the top 50 number one hits of 2006. As we pulled into our driveway, the #1 was about to be broadcast, we listened in anticipation. "Which one of our favorites would it be?" (sigh) It was Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel". We sat, we listened, we sang. I contemplated. I was proud for the beautiful young woman who had the courage to make that her break-out song. Happy that it was so well received, glad that Jesus was heard in popular culture.

Each time I hear that song.........it reminds me of moments in my life........when hope was waning, when life seemed "impossible", when I just could not take another step on my own..............times, when I've just given it ALL up to God with no regard for the outcome. Each time He has been faithful to see us through. Often, He has surprised us!

And yet the challenge that I find more often is surrendering my will to Him in the "good" times. It's then that I tend to think that I can do it on my own. It's then that I tend to "leave God out". I know better. Will I ever get to a place that I just surrender my will to His without this struggle?

This is my prayer, to give to Him all of me.

"If God is your co-pilot then you're sitting in the wrong seat"