THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Things I Want My Kids To Remember

  • Numeric palindromes
  • TTMAB
  • TIAB
  • Manners
  • That a lot of times tears are simply joy overflowing.
  • good mom's embarrass you AND make you do things that you don't want to.
  • sometimes I'm not a "good" mom.
  • (Jhinel) the night that you found out that you had been accepted to FSU!!!
  • ".........shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell your sister"
  • visit your grandparents and call your momma.
  • say "I love you" as often as you can.
  • Hugs and kisses are awesome!
  • Be careful of what you put out there on the WWW.
  • (Jhinel, Angela, Jennifer)  You are so beautiful. And true beauty shines from within!
  • You can't get by on cute forever, so just stop it right now.
  • I lied. TALK to strangers!  It's good for you to stretch your social skills, and how else are you ever going to meet new people and make new friends??
  • Always remember "the buddy system",  it's not just for kids!
  • I love you.
  • Jesus loves you far more than I can even imagine.
  • "Someday you'll be best friends"
  • If God had asked me to make a list of what I wanted in children......It wouldn't have even come close to the ones that He gave me. That's why I think I'm His "favorite."
  • Praise God in ALL things, even the ones that break our hearts.  I believe this!  He never promised us that living for Him would guarantee wealth or a life without sorrows.  In fact, In the Word we are told that because of our faith, we will suffer.  God doesn't cause bad things to happen, but sometimes He does allow them.  It is not our place to know why, it is only our place to trust Him.  (read Job).  God's ways are bigger than ours.  Praise Him, even when it hurts. 
  • God will never, ever leave you or abandon you.  
  • Faith is not a feeling and feelings don't define our faithfulness.
  • Worship is about honoring God, it's not about making YOU feel good.
  • Some of these you may not "get" yet.  (print it out and tuck it away for later)
  • I still think that it's a good idea to write out a "wish list" of what you desire in a mate at least once a year.  Jhinel, New Year's might not be such a good time anymore, maybe St. Valentine's Day?  It's only necessary to include the "must have's" and the "deal breakers".
  • Never, ever drink and drive. Not even "just this once" or after "just one."  Never, ever ride in a vehicle with someone who has been drinking.  Not even "just this once" or after "just one."  If you need a ride.  Call me, I'll be there!
  • better yet, never drink????  (Hey, I'm your momma, what do you expect?)
  • Don't kiss a man before the wedding ceremony.  (Unless it's your grandpa Krupa)
  • It's really expensive to get tattoos removed.
  • "Yes, when you turn 18 and I no longer legally have that authority over your life"  is a really creative way to say, "NO" to your children!
  • Go to college!
  • Find your passion!
  • If you work where your passion/love/heart is, you'll never "work" a day in your life.
  • Don't use "plastic."
  • Cars and houses are the only things you should ever put on credit.  Try to pay cash for those if you can too. 
  • Take Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class.
  • Now you are beginning to CREATE your very own family. (friends are part of your family.)
  • Change your windshield wipers every six months.
  • Make your bed every day, even if the rest of your room is a mess, it STILL looks good!
  • If you're "not sure", ask yourself what you would tell your own daughter to do if she were in the same situation.
  • If you SMOKE I will come back and kick your a**!!!!!! 
  • "Hatching" baby chicks
  • more will come.