THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Happy January!

Yeah, I did something really bizarre for me last week. REALLY. The kinda thing that makes my girls shake their head in bewilderment and say, "who's taken over mom's body cause she would never ever do that!".

I bought a television.

This is unusual on several accounts.
First, I dont particularly care for or watch TV. Yes, I love my news shows, Marlin's baseball and Seminoles football, but even so, I can become a poor steward of time ---fancy way of saying "couch potato".
Secondly, this is the type of purchase that I'm inclined to spend months researching and budgeting in advance. I almost never impulse buy, except at the grocery store.
Finally, I've never, ever, ever bought a television. I actually have a TV that I acquired during a divorce, I wanted the grill, I got the TV (ha!) - We use this for "movie night" to play CD's and DVD's and for the wii system.

So, I still had not found a suitable place to watch the gator bowl. I was considering some local sports bar/restaurants but would rather not take my girls into that environment. So, yesterday I finally decided that I would pick up one of those HD converter boxes for my TV. I ended up walking out with an actual new television. I totally messed up my budget but I can watch Bobby's last game from the comfort of my own living room. It will be so nice to watch a game with Jhinel again, obviously she's home on winter break. This afternoon there will be loud laughter, pacing, lots of screaming and jumping, hopefully not too much nail biting. There will probably be tears as we watch the end of an era.  We will teach a three year old the proper way to scream at at football game and the 'nole chant.

Yeah, I messed up the budget with this purchase because I didn't account for a new TV this month. I can "justify this purchase" because the SALE price really made it doable, also I save money by staying home today and I didn't have to buy the box, etc., etc. (see how that works?!)
Instead of "buyer's remorse" I'm filled with excitement, THE TRUTH IS THIS..............I've saved the amount of MORE than two TV's by not smoking for over three months!!!  How cool is THAT!?

T.V. will come in handy during baseball season too.