THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

a REAL phone call

it was kinda lateish

I answered the phone because it was Nel, an advantage of caller ID.

She was doing homework. Reading an article. written by a prof from the college that I graduated from.

"Who", I ask.
"Weener" or "Whiner" "I'm not sure how to pronounce it"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
really........WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!
what are the chances that 20ish years later my girl in Florida is assigned to read an article from my prof in NY?

I tell her that he was one of my advisors, I babysat his son, I volunteered with his wife. Jhinel has heard me talk of him before though I'd never mentioned his name, "Remember THAT story....that was Weiner".

We shared a smile over the phone.
I'm glad she called and didn't email it.

"by the way, it's pronounced winer"

:-)