THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sometimes God Says, "Wait"

I remember as a new mom, the excitement and joy at sharing the wonders of the world with this new precious and beloved lil person.

I remember feeling at times, that it was like a "do over" of my own childhood moments and yet even better because I was sharing it with my own child. It was as if we had "new eyes" to experience God's creation.

These days, she is anxiously awaiting so much. Colleges, scholarships, summer jobs. Fervent prayers envelop all of our graduating youth.

Last night an Email came. The dreamed of summer job. WAITLISTED. I see that wrinkled forehead look, the one that is disappointment, why wouldn't God want this for her?

I say it although she has heard it a million times, I say it even though she already knows it. I say it with tears in my heart for her. As the words come out, I wonder if it sounds rote, insensitive. "If it is God's will for you to be there this summer, you will be there. If it is not his will, then he has other plans for your life for this time. You can trust him". I'm not sure that it's enough. But it is all I have. It is who I am.

I have learned that God's will is better. He is faithful in all things. His grace is sufficient.

Sometimes we ask for things and His answer is yes.
Sometimes we ask for things and His answer is no.
Sometimes we ask for things and He says, wait.

I think the "wait" one is the hardest.
Ask, Seek, Knock.



we smiled together when a peer messaged the same response as I had conveyed (she has beautiful friends too). Sometimes you can hear it better when it's not your own mom.