THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

Just a bit ago, I realized that I'm having an attitude problem this afternoon.

It's curriculum night at my daughter's school. And I'm mad.
I'm of the opinion that September 11th should be a national holiday.
As it's not, I want the "officials" to at least let us spend the evening at home with our families; or at a church with friends; or on the beach.

But a "good mommy" goes to curriculum night and meets the teachers, rushing around campus with a thousand other parents. So that was my plan. leave work at 3:30 to pick up Angie from School; drop her off at home. Go back to work. Have her meet me at my office at 5:30. Pick up Alana at daycare. Pick up Jhinel from high school. And to the scheduled event.

When I picked Angie up, I said "do your homework and meet me at my office at 5:30" at which point she said she couldnt go to school tonight. The administration had made it clear that students were to stay home to accomodate all of the parents. I'm guessing that if they don't want Angie there, then my granddaughter and myNel aren't welcome either. By the time I pick them up and get them home and get to school, they should pretty much be wrapping up the event.
oh well, so much for being a "good mom"
I guess I'll just go home and spend the evening with my family. which is really what I wanted to do afterall.

Seven years ago this day, we pined to see our kids and our spouses and to take them home. We stood in line to give blood. We went to church together as family and friends and prayed. On that day thousands of Americans went off to work or off to school or on a plane and didn't have the opportunity to come home to their families. Because of hate.

Today, I almost thought that we'd forgotten.
I cried. I'm going home with my kids!