THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On Being Twenty-one...


I got flirted with today!!! ME!!!! A grandma!!!! 'kay...........so the guy was about 90.
That's the funny part of the story..........now here's the scary part:

I had walked to my polling place this morning, which happens to be an assisted living facility. After I voted (and I thank God that I can!) one of the apparent residents smiled at me and said, "aren't you too young to vote?" Well, I love a little flirtatious banter once in a while, as I turned to him and smiled he added, "you have to be twenty-one you know". This struck me a bit odd, and I playfully mentioned that "ya only hafta be 18" to which he replied in a frank tone of voice, "well, in some states you still have to be twenty-one".

I must admit, it is startling for me to realize that this one's vote counts as much as mine. I wonder how his driving is?

Please, remember to exercise your right and responsibility as an American. Vote.