THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Psalm 23


Tonight...........
A phone call which woke me up.
An abrupt ending.
At first Im glad for the opportunity to write, it's been awhile. But I sit here and stare.
It's too late to call a friend................
There is a restlessness in my spirit.
It becomes frustration.

Tonight..............
I will choose to turn to Him. Holy one. Father. Creator. Omnicient. Omnipresent. Savior.
I wonder ......... those who dont know God through Jesus, where is their comfort to be found? How can JOY ever be? I am reminded of a time ...in a women's bible study class....Psalms 23. So often, I have found comfort in that particular scripture:


The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures,
He leadeth me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
for Thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil;
My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
On that particular day, the lesson was to reflect on the inverse of the scripture:
" I have no shepherd.
I am in want.
I wander aimlessly, vulnerable to my enemies.
I am afraid. I am alone.
My cup is empty.
Sorrow and shame go before me.
I will dwell apart from God forever".
The message was powerful. I choose God. Thank you, Father for loving me.